ABHP Strategic Vision, Mission, and Goals
We believe in:
Pharmacists working in collaboration to establish a standard of excellence for healthcare that is equitable, accessible, culturally and ethnically appropriate for black and minority patients.
ABHP believes that its purpose is to encourage members to promote the proper use of medication in black and minority communities.
The mission of the ABHP is to promote collaboration, leadership, education, advocacy, and research that improve the health status and quality of life of minority patients and to advance the practice and vision of black and other minority pharmacists in the health systems.
ABHP strives to accomplish its goals by:
1. Advocating the pharmacist’s value in assuring that appropriate clinical services and drug use control
processes are applied to benefit black patients.
2. Providing a forum for meaningful dialogue and idea sharing among members.
3. Promoting and facilitating useful information exchange between its members, health care professionals,
organizations, and the public.
4. Developing and conducting education programs for maintaining and improving competence of health care
5. Promoting research activities by its members.
6. Recognizing professional achievements and contributions of members.
7. Representing the membership to other professional, regulatory, and legislative bodies, and or heath care